The best strategy for beating skin cancer is early detection. This video discusses the A-B-C-D-Es of identifying melanoma.
- A. Asymmetry – report any moles where one side doesn’t look like the other.
- B. Border – if a spot has a ragged or poorly defined border, give us a call.
- C. Color – book an appointment if you have any spots with inconsistent color, especially if you see 3 or more colors.
- D. Diameter – Report any spots that are greater than 6mm in diameter—about the width of a pencil eraser
- E. Evolving – If spots are growing or gradually changing shape, bring them in so we can check them out.