2.69 million. That is the number of dermal filler treatments Americans received in 2017 alone. The reason that so many people are making appointments for dermal filler injections is not a mystery – dermal fillers are safe, minimally-invasive, convenient, largely painless and achieve amazing results without all of the pain, expense, and recovery time that go along with surgical facelifts.
Fillers work by attracting water to the injection site and jumpstarting collagen production at and around the treatment area. Along with another protein called elastin, collagen is what gives our skin a healthy texture and shape. Increasing the amount of collagen in your skin will improve your skin’s volume and texture. In combination with the filler itself, this boost in collagen production increases the volume of the area under the skin, stretching the skin and thus reducing and fading wrinkles.
If you are considering dermal fillers to restore volume to your facial features, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and improve your overall appearance, you are probably a good candidate for the treatment. But while these treatments are great for the vast majority of adults – men and women alike – they are not for everyone.
You will only know whether dermal fillers are right for you after you meet with a physician who knows dermal fillers inside and out, like Dr. Mariano Busso, who the American Academy of Dermatology has named a “leader in the clinical research and development of dermal filler.” But, generally, dermal fillers may be an excellent option for you if:
- You are an adult 18 and up
- You don’t smoke
- You don’t have a history of severe allergies
- You have moderate to severe folds or wrinkles, or other imperfections that you do not want to address with surgery
- You want to counteract the volume loss that is a natural part of the aging process and a primary cause of wrinkles
- You want to restore fullness to flat or sunken cheeks and temples
- You want to reduce prominent vertical lip lines
- You’d like to smooth out creases and furrows in your chin
- You are looking to improve the general contours throughout your face
- You want noticeable results that will last up to 18 months
If you are a good candidate for dermal fillers, Dr. Busso offers an array of products, all of which are safe and effective:
- Juvéderm Voluma
- Juvéderm Volbella
- Restylane® Silk
- Restylane® Defyne
- Sculptra Aesthetic®
- Silikon™ 1000
Call Dr. Busso Today to Arrange For Your Dermal Filler Consultation
If you would like to learn more about dermal fillers and whether they may be right for you, please call us today at 305-857-0144 to schedule your consultation.